“Helping to rescue a boy from a wrecked car inspired Timothy to help free patients from debilitating pain.”
For Timothy Winkler, the moment is forever etched in his mind. He was a firefighter. He rescued people, often taking them to a hospital and usually never seeing them again.
Then, an 8-year-old boy he’d pulled from under a car a year earlier, walked into the department where he worked to say thank you. It was then Tim knew he wanted more. He wanted to work where he could be involved in a continuation of care.
Today, Tim is still rescuing people in a very real way. He’s part of team that helps people walk again, move again, and free them of debilitating pain.
- Cervical Spine
- Thoracic Spine
- Lumbosacral Spine
Honors and Awards
- Dean’s Honor List, Medical University of South Carolina
- Dean’s List, Medical University of South Carolina
- Internal Medicine East Cooper Internal Medicine (Dr. Mills) Charleston, SC
- Obstetrics/Gynecology Santee OB/GYN (Dr. Moore) Manning, SC
- Internal Medicine Charleston Memorial Hospital (Dr. Wolfman) Charleston, SC
- Pediatrics West Ashley Pediatrics (Dr. Worshiem) Charleston, SC
- Psychiatry Institute of Psychiatry (Ellen Shaw) Charleston, SC
- Emergency Medicine MUSC Emergency Department (Harmon PA-C) Charleston, SC
- Surgery MUSC Trauma/General Surgery (Dr. Norcross) Charleston, SC
- Family Practice Doctor’s Care (Robert Bostic PA-C) Charleston, SC
- Elective MUSC Trauma/General Surgery (Dr. Leon) Charleston, SC
- Bachelor of Science, Physician Assistant Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Prerequisite Course Requirements
- Trident Technical College, Charleston, SC
- NCCPA Certified Physician Assistant
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS for Healthcare Professionals)
- Emergency Medical Technician/Intermediate – Charleston County Emergency Medical Service, Charleston, SC
- Firefighter /Lieutenant – James Island Fire Department, Charleston, SC
- Sport physicals at area schools
- Carolina Children’s Charity
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- American Association of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Tim was honored for his valiant actions while on duty for the rescue and resuscitation of a child.